Sunday

[misc] Catatonic

For Christmas my sister gave me a Stave puzzle that she cut herself. It was a great surprise and I love how she personalized it to my likes. There are lots of cat-shaped pieces and knitting ones that she designed. It's the best present I've ever received.

Here's an in progress photo:

Catatonic Puzzle


Hmm... Looks like a kitty is looking up at a fish in the sky. The puzzles don't come with a picture to work from, you just have to group colors together and make guesses. All the puzzles come in blue boxes which, personally, I would rather have than the OTHER blue boxes from Tiffany's.

Just a few of the knitting and kitty silhouettes...

Catatonic Puzzle


Catatonic Puzzle


Catatonic Puzzle


Catatonic Puzzle
These are my favorite pieces- it's Murderface scratching one of our Merrell shoes. Which he really does. Dollar and I don't mind (it saves him from scratching the sofas) but it drives my sister crazy that we let- okay, encourage him to do it. So it's in the puzzle. See how personalized it is?


Catatonic Puzzle


Catatonic Puzzle


Catatonic Puzzle


Catatonic Puzzle


Catatonic Puzzle


Catatonic Puzzle
This is called a Sculpt. It is where slivers of the puzzle have been cut away in such a way that the missing areas create another image. These are HARD to put together- edges and sides are no longer meant to be against one another so it's hard to figure out how they fit together. The effect of the finished sculpt is awesome though- it's the first thing people comment on when they see the finished puzzle.


Catatonic Puzzle


The finished puzzle. Aw, it even looks like Murderface a little... [tear]

Catatonic Puzzle

7 comments:

elaine said...

stave puzzle totally rokc. plus i'm a little biased because their company is based in my town!

Sara said...

That is too cool! I really like the designs - and the puzzle.

gayle said...

That has to be the coolest puzzle EVER!
I've never seen anything like it.
Wow.

Kit said...

I am impressed! That is such a lovely gift.

Angela said...

That is so so incredible! I am so impressed!! wow!

Kihwa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kihwa said...

Amy~ the puzzle is awesome! I really like the pieces represent knitting related. (=