I know I just posted a million pictures of daylilies but this one is different, I swear:

It's the bottom bloom... It's polymerous- it has four petals and sepals instead of three. This only happened once last year (that I noticed) with a different variety. It's so cool when I see it- like finding a four-leaf clover. Maybe one day I'll catch a super mutant one with five petals and sepals. I'd probably immediately drive to the convenience store for a lottery ticket.
###
I have nothing new to show other than flowers. I haven't even knit for the last two nights. Last night I got distracted with laundry, dishes and making new flower bouquets. It sounds so frivolous... "Oh, no, I can't clean the litterboxes, I have to arrange all these flowers I just pranced around outside collecting- tee hee!" But this is only the fourth time I've had time to do this since spring and it is kind of becoming a chore. I have no issue leaving the old, dead, dry flowers in their vases forever- but after a while I start to get paranoid that it's bad luck.
The bucket of flowers I collected:
It was close to 8pm by the time I was done making bouquets and the night pictures I took aren't the best. I'll take a pic later today.
Then at the very end of the night, I sat on the couch with dried lavender bundles and rolled them upside down between my palms over a big bowl to collect the buds while I watched the finale of the "will you accept my rose" show. It is my guilty pleasure only because I get to think things like, "Girl, he is trash. You are so stupid."
Tonight, hopefully I'll make some lemon lavender cookies.

No comments:
Post a Comment