I used a small amount of Knit Picks Palette in black and some leftover orange sock yarn. In fact, it's a small amount of yarn from these 2008 socks. Those bands of darker orange are mottled light and dark orange- I used some of that for the irises:
Because this sock yarn is superwash and tonal and has a bit of a sheen, I think it makes the irises stand out from the orange yarn used for the body of the mittens. It's subtle but I can see the distinction.
These mittens are ready for the fair!
###
Not much crafting last night. I started embroidering the bundt bags that I sewed during the Memorial Day vacation (finally).
I walked around the woods for a bit, looking for mushrooms. I don't know what I was thinking- I probably saw a dozen mushrooms, total. I'm just going to wait until puffballs and shaggy manes appear on the lawn. That's my kind of foraging.
I need to pick a hat pattern to knit. I don't have a hat to enter into the fair yet and I want something smaller and easier than the papillon shawl to bring to the Old Home Day events. Maybe a stranded hat... maybe a solid color cabled hat... maybe a brioche hat?


1 comment:
Ooooh, these are wonderful!!!
Post a Comment