Wednesday

[knitting] Purple and Yellow Striped Sweater

Finished the sweater for my niece:

Striped Sweater

I used pewter buttons that I got at Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival:

Striped Sweater

Llamas!

Pewter llama buttons

I basically did Granny's Favorite pattern but kept the yoke stockinette rather than doing the lace. It makes the increases more apparent though, especially since I did knit-front-and-back increases.

Striped Sweater

I'm tempted to do some kind of embroidery around the yoke to hide the increases and add more color.

I used two entire balls of Cascade 220 Superwash, alternating every two rows. The sweater fits my three year old niece perfectly- I'll wait until Christmas to give it to her. And that will give me plenty of time to procrastinate doing the actual embroidery.

###

TGIF. Omg, I know it's only Wednesday but this week has been... work has been... trying. I don't really get stressed out about things at work but yesterday I seriously pondered what kind of trouble I would get into if I threw a chair out a window. It probably wouldn't go over well on my performance evaluation. But just thinking about the sound of glass shattering was so relaxing to me...

ANYway. This long weekend is going to be all knitting and crafting and baking and doing many of the Royalton Old Home Day / 250th Birthday Party events.

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

The little sweater is SO ADORABLE! It's cute even without the embroidery! The buttons are great too. NICE WORK!