Monday

[cooking] Shepherd's Pie

Inspired by my needle felted sheep tapestry, I made a shepherd's pie this weekend:

Shepherd’s pie 🐑 #mashedpotatoart

I'm going to start putting mashed potatoes in a piping bag and decorate every shepherd's pie. Or every recipe that calls for mashed potatoes.

My vague recipe is: make mashed potatoes. Brown ground lamb in a pan, drain. Saute onions, then add garlic, rosemary and thyme, add the lamb, add some Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, Country Bob's (my secret ingredient- I buy this stuff in bulk) to make the meat filling a little saucy. Put the meat in a casserole dish, layer a whole bag of frozen corn over, cover with mashed potatoes. Bake for 30 min at 325 F.

###

Good weekend. Felt too short. I only started three new yarn-y projects (a crocheted Yip Yip, an Alien facehugger, a crocheted hat). I also finished all my map magnets and fixed a lamp shade. 

Last night we went to watch the Super Bowl in Norwich and I brought bean dip:

Super Bowl Bean Dip

I love this so much- I use the recipe for homemade refried beans in a Instant Pot from Simply Recipes. Then just cover it with tomatoes, avocado, black olives, pickled jalapenos, cilantro, sour cream. 


No comments: