Tuesday

[crochet] Yip Yip

I made a Yip Yip over the weekend:

Crochet YipYip


Crocheting the body only took a few hours. Less than an hour to add the fringe. Cutting and sewing the lining probably took more than an hour (I sewed it by hand).

I used Loops & Threads Charisma yarn and an 8mm (L) hook.

Crochet YipYip

I searched the Upper Valley for Ping Pong balls with no logo and couldn't find any. I still bought a box of 6 and made the holes for the pipe cleaner through the logo. It's at the back of the eyeball and you really can't see it.

As written the lining was way too large for my creature. Now that I understand how the lining is cut and sewed, I will measure my next Yip Yip and cut fabric to size.

Crochet YipYip

I brought it in to work to hold dry erase markers. And it's soooooo cute.

Crochet YipYip

It's kooky eyes are never not funny.

I think I'll make a couple more. Sean asked for one that's longer and narrower to hold drumsticks.

No comments: