I really, really love the finished creature.
The pattern is free on Ravelry. I used most one 8oz skein of Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in Oatmeal. For most of the project, I held the yarn double and used US 8 needles. For the skinny parts of the legs, I dropped a strand and knit with US 5 needles.
The legs were fiddly. I knit them all individually and sewed them on at the end. I would knit up to the first knuckle and then insert a pipe cleaner and knit around it/push it up as I went along. I only stuffed the tip of the legs and the base.
If I were to do this again, I might twist three pipe cleaners together for each leg, to make them stronger. They are posable with just the one pipe cleaner but they're a little floppy.
The xenomorph went after Murderface:
Then it set it's sights (wait- do these things have eyes?) on Penny:
Now on to a shawl and lots of colors.





No comments:
Post a Comment