Wednesday

[knitting] D'Artagnan Socks

All done.

Dartagnan Socks

The yarn is Plymouth Dye for Me Happy Feet Shimmer. You can't tell in the pictures but there is lots of sparkle in the yarn.

I was pretty paranoid about knitting with white yarn but I managed to not drop them in the mud or spill pasta sauce all over them.

My only deviation from the pattern was to use my regular old slip one, knit one heel flap. I had to futz around with numbers a bit and I'm glad I had to the foresight to scribble down the turning heel numbers after the first sock.

Dartagnan Socks

I basically got through the legs and heel flaps during my travels. At home, I finished the gussets, feet and toes of both socks in basically one day. One frigid day. By late afternoon, I could put them on:

Dartagnan Socks

I will never get tired of slipping on new wool socks.

1 comment:

cristina said...

these are beauuuutiful!