Friday

[knitting] Facehugger progress

I'm knitting a facehugger creature from the movie Alien. The pattern is free on Ravelry.

Here's the main body and one (of two) air sac attached:

New knit project progress. It’s not what you think... it is it? 👽

I'm knitting with Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool yarn, held double, on US 8 needles.

The legs are taking forever (and I need eight!):

I’m a little annoyed at how long it takes to make these stupid legs.

The legs start out with the yarn doubled on US 8s, then after the first purl round, I switch to a single strand and US 5 needles. I insert a pipe cleaner at this point and kind of push it up as the legs get longer.

I think if I devote a good chunk of time to this thing this weekend, I can finish. 

Which reminds me.... TGIFFFFFF. I think my cold is tapering off. Work is busy and stressful- I have to have a nice, relaxing weekend. Maybe I should make a list of all the nice, relaxing things I need to get done.
My weekend cooking goals are to make Maangchi's buldak and jjapaguri from the movie Parasite.

No comments: