Friday night I made Jjapaguri from the movie Parasite:
For local people, I found both instant noodles at Yipings Asian Market in old West Leb. *But* I grabbed the last bag of Chapagetti. I told them it was the last- maybe they have more in the back or are ordering more.
The beef is just a couple strips of sirloin (no hanwoo here), cut up and browned on either side. I made the noods (omitting the dehydrated veg packets), saved a cup of the pasta water, drained, added the noodles back to the pot with both seasoning packets, oil, some of the pasta water until things were slippery. Then into bowls, topped with beef and scallions.
I really liked it but I like jajangmyeon. Sean doesn't like it. I can tell because he at all the beef and two bites of the noodles. (Maybe I shouldn't have called it "Parasite Noodles".) I somehow resisted the urge to finish off all his leftover noodles.
Saturday my sister came over and I made cheesy fire chicken (buldak) for lunch from Maangchi's website.
So... cheesy...
I would make this again, but with chicken thighs instead. We didn't eat it all and when I reheated it for dinner, the chicken breast pieces were very dry. Also, I'd go a little easier on the sauce- it's very thick. My sister wanted something a little smoother/silkier like tteokbokki sauce.
Sunday morning I made a nice breakfast pizza. In the evening I boiled up some eggs for egg salad (work lunches). Made some peanut butter cookies. Baked a loaf of no-knead bread. Supper was salmon, garlicy spinach and bread. It was a busy cooking weekend.
###
I'm almost done with the facehugger legs. I'm on the 7th leg. MAYBE I can finish tonight? While I worked on knitting the legs, I watched Season 3 of Chef Show (which is probably why I was in such a cooking mood all weekend). I also started Schitt's Creek. It's good- I'm liking it more than I thought I would. The writing is very funny.
Once the facehugger is complete, I'm tempted to make the new Stephen West Fantastitch shawl. I want a project that's really going to chew through a lot of yarn.






No comments:
Post a Comment