Monday

[misc] 4th of July

Had a nice, long weekend. Went to my mom's on the 4th for a BBQ. A Korean BBQ. 

Galbi shortribs:

Galbi shortribs

Japchae:

Japchae

Gimbap:

Gimbap

And a red, white and blue bundt that I made:

Red white and blue cake

I brought some framed paintings from my cousin, who I visited while I was in Texas. One for me, my sister and my mom:

Thank you, @kihwa, for your beautiful paintings. I framed them and give one to my mom and sister yesterday. 💙💞💛

Back at home, it was so hot out that I brought the inflatable raft out onto the pond in the late afternoon:

I don’t come out on the pond enough. It’s so close and I only have to haphazardly tie my raft to the top of my car.

The rest of the weekend was gorgeous (apart from a few short thunderstorms on Saturday). I puttered around the gardens and house. I started a pair of stranded mittens to fill the time until a skein of replacement Urth Uneek yarn arrives in the mail. I completed 1.5 mittens in four days and I'm a little burnt out on the pattern... but I had good TV to watch: Big Little Lies (Season 2), Outlander (I finished Season 2- where can I find Season 3 for freeee?!?!), Stranger Things (Season 3). 

Oh, and our refrigerator kicked the bucket on the 4th. The fridge part isn't cooling but thankfully the freezer is still freezing. I have a couple coolers and ice and everything has been moved out of the main fridge. I bought a new one (exactly the same as the old one- it's the only model that will fit into the cabinet space) but it won't be delivered until next Sunday. So... dinners have been creative. 

No comments: