Which was more than enough for some oat-y black raspberry bars. Before baking:
After:
I did want to do a thin tart with a pretty lattice top but the thought of bringing together pastry dough and rolling it out and cutting it and weaving a lattice... I felt hot and tired just contemplating all that work. This bar recipe is easy- mix some stuff together with melted butter, press most of it into the bottom of a pan, add a layer of sugary fruit, sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture on top. Easy to do even when it's 500 degrees outside.
We had this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. And the 600 degree weather didn't seem so bad.
###
We watched all of Good Omens- so funny and good. We've started Killing Eve and that's been excellent, as well. I think we'll check out The Boys once we're done with this series.




No comments:
Post a Comment