Wednesday

[crochet] Perfect Pineapples Doily

Perfect Pineapples Doily


Pattern: Perfect Pineapples by Patricia Kristoffersen, Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies

Hook: 1.9 mm

Yarn: Knit Picks Curio, less than one ball.

This was my travel project for a couple trips during the month of June.

Perfect Pineapple Doily

I love this yarn. I've used Curio for several projects and it's great- the yardage, the quality of the cotton, the price. Some colors of Curio are on sale at the website right now for $2.39. You can make this doily for $2.39 with lots of yarn leftover for smaller doilies.

Home again. Good progress on the doily. Murderface is happy to see me but I think it’s just because he missed a couple nights of bedtime treats.

I had some trouble with the very last round of the pattern- things weren't working out or lining up or looking good. I went to Ravelry to inspect how others had done their last round. It seemed like some crocheters were doing different things so I modified it to something that worked for me. My notes are on my Ravelry page.

It only took about 10 attempts but I think I have the edge figured out. Not quite as written. Time for more coffee.  ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️ #crochet #perfectpineappledoily #perfectpineapples

It's blocked and ready for the fair!

Untitled

###

Speaking of the Tunbridge Fair, I received the premium book in the mail last week and I'm all inspired to figure out what I'm entering and what I still need to make. 

Last night we started watching Good Omens on Amazon Prime and it's soooo good and clever and funny. I love Neil Gaiman's writing.

Going to make some banana chocolate chip oatmeal cookies tonight. My janky bananas are reaching DEFCON 1 level of jankiness.

We had ssam last night- I baked some Asian marinated ribs in the oven and then pulled apart the meat to have in lettuce wraps (with extra mesclun from the CSA) with rice and ssamjang.

Still working on my never-ending mittens. I received a replacement skein of yarn in the mail- from the yarn shop in Bethesda, MD. I'm anxious to have a yarn-winding party so this is good motivation to finish the mittens already.

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

Your doily is AMAZING!! Nice work and a perfect color!