Friday

[spinning] Hello Yarn Misc Ends

All the recent handspun yarn plied and washed and dried:

Handspun Yarn

The horizontal skein on the bottom was chain-plied, which preserved the colors. I was spinning VERY thin on my Kromski Minstrel but it was just taking forever. I switched to my Ashford Joy wheel and started spinning thick and casual. The four vertical skeins are that two-ply bulky yarn.

I think I'll have to use them all for different projects- they all look different. The colors kind of lined up during plying on that 3rd skein from the left.

Handspun Yarn

The fiber is Hello Yarn misc colors ends.

###

TGIF. Work is so stressful and I have to say that coming home and stabbing my needle felted tapestry over and over again is just what I need to relax. Perhaps I should have a needle felting project going at all times.

I'm planning on attending the Vermont Knitting Guild annual meeting tomorrow in Waterbury. Any snow/rain should hold off until 4 pm or so. I think I'll bring a crock pot of vegan doenjang jjigae.

I had some retail therapy at King Arthur Flour yesterday- a shopping spree with a gift card from Christmas. I got a jar of vanilla bean paste, a new Nordic Ware pan (it was only $15!), some baking spices, a dough whisk (no more using an over-sized spoon to mix dough like an animal!) and I splurged on a 1lb bag of Valrhona chocolate fèves to make those NY Times Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookies. These are going to be the most expensive cookies I've ever made. I've got to start them tonight to bake them on Sunday. 

No comments: