
Santana had a stroke about a week ago. I woke up at 5:30 am and she was kind of falling down the bed-side steps. I turned the light on and she was walking bow-legged and unevenly. She had a stroke last May, which was much worse. I went to the guest room and set it up (or broke it down) the same way we did last time: take apart the bed frame, set aside the box spring, put the mattress on the floor and cover the floor with blankets and pillows. Bring in a litterbox, space heater, water and food dishes.
I was rushing because I had to fly to DC that morning. I felt bad leaving but Dollar would take good care of her and we had been through it before. Santana just needs food, rest and not be in danger of falling. In the end, I was only away for a couple nights.
It's been a week and she's doing much better. We're keeping the room warm and I'm sleeping on the mattress with her at night. She seems more confused than last time. She has come out of the room a few times (we're keeping the door closed when we're not with her) but generally wants to stay in there. She'll come out when she's ready.
3 comments:
Oh, sweet baby. Get well soon!
How old is she?
At least 16 or 17. Maybe more. We adopted her from people that lived on our street at our old apartment. Our other cat, Murderface, is her son.
She still have some years to live. She's an old little lady, but a loved one.
Post a Comment