Wednesday

[cooking] Those chocolate chip cookies

I made the Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookies (recipe adapted by NY Times).

I made The NY Times Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookies. I used a $20 bag of 60% cacao feves. I let the dough rest for 36 hours. I used flaky Cyprus sea salt. I weighed each dough ball to 3.5 ounces... And it was all worth it. Holy shit. 🍪:dollar

Yeah, they're good. They're REALLY good. I weighted my ingredients, used cake and bread flour, let the dough rest for 36 hours, weighted the dough balls. 

I was apprehensive- the chocolate disks are so big- and you have to use the entire 1lb bag? Which cost $20? And that's not even as much chocolate as the recipe calls for?! 

I usually bake smaller cookies- these were so big (~5 inches across). Only six fit on a half sheet pan.

But... they came out great. The taste is perfect. The salt is just right. I will say I tried one when it was still warm and it was greasy. The cookies are better cooled a bit, I think. But they still taste good two days later. 

These are expensive and fussy cookies but worth the trouble. These are very nice 'special occasion' cookies. Now to come up with a special occasion every month...

1 comment:

Osigviaceu said...

I enjoyed reading your posst