Thursday

[quilting] Charm squares quilt

I'm back from vacation. I gifted a quilt to my sister for Christmas- a project I've been working on in secret for a couple years:

Sister's charm quilt

She gave me all the cut squares- I just had to sew them together. I thought it would be nice- she cut all the squares but doesn't have time to sew. I'd sew them all together and give it back to her. Turns out; she didn't cut the squares either. She says I did but I have no memory of ever cutting these squares. So... SOMEONE cut them but we don't know who.

I sewed them together randomly into 2 by 6 blocks, then added a muslin rail fence piece to square the piece up. Then you just rotate the blocks to make it zig-zag.

I finished the top and brought it to Hen House Fabrics in White River Jct., VT to pick backing and binding fabrics. I chose a blue batik for the back and an orange fabric for the binding.

Sister's charm quilt

Then I brought everything to Barnyard Quilting in Fairlee, VT. I picked out the batting, thread and actual quilting pattern. I went with leaves...

Sister's charm quilt

Sister's charm quilt

Man, every time I pick up a finished quilt, I want to keep it for myself.

Sister's charm quilt

Since I can't keep it, it makes me want to start another. I did pull out my Star Wars fabrics and the next one I make will be for Dollar. 

No comments: