Monday

[cooking] Arancello

Finished making the arancello this weekend:

Homemade #arancello. 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊 I’m mixing it with seltzer because omg

I kept the orange peels in grain alcohol for a week. Some recipes say to not let the mixture sit longer than 5 or 6 days, some recipes insist on 20 days. I don't know. Maybe next time I'll let it steep longer but I like the orange color and flavor I achieved after just 7 days.

I strained the peels from the Everclear and mixed in three cups of simple syrup. It makes the liquid look cloudy, which I think is pretty. The big bottle is in the freezer, the smaller carafe is in the fridge and I've been nipping away at it. I have to mix it with seltzer because I took a sip of it straight and immediately felt drunk.

###

I noticed that Hulu has all of Season 2 of Making It. I watched it all over the weekend. It's so good and funny and inspiring. Also, after watching a couple episodes, I start to feel antsy and have to go to the craft room to make something. 

My office at work is pretty sterile with NO decorations. Someone could move into the office after only about 5-10 minutes of getting rid of stuff. There was a cubicle decorating challenge on Making It and I feel like decorating the crap out of this space now. I started with a pencil holder- I added some washi tape trim around the top and slipped some cut maps into the photo holders. It's very cuuuute. I'm going to get a spool of pompom fringe from the craft store to tack into the top of my corkboard.

I finished the Advent Socks and they're currently blocking. I'm more than halfway done with my totally biased (totally boring) cowl. I stitched a few Dollar signs onto the corners of some new hankies for Dollar.

Over the weekend, I defrosted a bag of leftover ham from Christmas and made some homemade deviled ham. I don't know how you feel about the canned stuff but I like it. This homemade stuff is different but also good. More like a dip than a sandwich spread, though. I also made some potato, ham, corn chowder. We had ham and eggs for breakfast. The last bit of ham will go into a quiche. Then I need to wait a month and defrost the OTHER bag of leftover ham... I'm feeling a little hammed out.

No comments: