Wednesday

[knitting] Starfall Sweater

My finished Starfall Sweater:

Starfall Sweater

I love it. The pattern is well-written and features waist shaping and short rows for a better fit. 

Starfall Sweater

The yarn is Knit Picks Main Line, which has been in my stash for... a decade? It's been discontinued for a long time but (thanks to Ravelry), I was able to to score an extra ball of cocoa when I ran out during the yoke. I even had enough to do a ribbed, fold-over neck.

Starfall Sweater

There is a marker there to indicate the back of the sweater. I need to sew a little dot or tag or something.

Starfall Sweater

Don't look too closely; the sweater is a little pill-y already. It ended up a little too big from blocking and still damp, so I put it in the dryer. I thought, "Hey, I'll add my dryer balls (spikey rubber balls), all six of them, and it will fluff the sweater nicely while it's drying. What could possibly go wrong?" Well- they agitated the sweater and it came out looking like I'd worn it half a dozen times already. I had to take a sweater stone to a never-worn freshly-knit sweater. Uggghh. But it mostly looks like new again. And the dryer did make it a better size.

Starfall Sweater

Anyway, I'm ready to start living in this sweater. While I decide what sweater to knit next.

###

I'm down to ONE knitting work-in-progress: my advent socks. (Which I'm so behind on, it's stressing me out and just what I need- more stress during this time of year.) But I need to really freaking focus on wrapping up a quilt this week so I can drop it off this Saturday. Have to have to have to.

I think we're going to get a tree after work today!

No comments: