All the pieces:
I basically started the pieces early in the morning on Saturday and worked on them until bedtime. Sunday I finished the body parts and most of the coat. Monday I finished the coat and sewed everything together (they sewing/finishing took a few hours). I think it was about 25 hours of work.
Some things took a few tries to attach (eyelids, ears). I have a project page on Ravelry with more details and tips.
There's just a few details left to do- hem his coat a bit, do a little sculpting around the crown of his head. But he's looking pretty good...
And he'll be ready to enjoy the series finale on Friday.






8 comments:
He is darling~ I just saw where he was taken down. I guess copyright issues! I wated too long to purchase!
I understand you are no longer offering this pattern but I have to know for my own sanity.. What are the eyes made of? Please. Please. Please. I am going to go crazy trying to figure out what the heck they are.
I didn't write the pattern but it calls for 30mm black safety eyes. I didn't have any, so I used 22mm black shank-back buttons that I got from the button aisle at my local Joann's.
I don’t know why you keep this pattern up if it’s not available. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s very disappointed that after of hours of searching this is the only one that is full size. It’s advertised with the link to your page on many platforms.
peggy it's literally not her pattern. the blog post even says that she bought it before it got taken offline. you should contact crafty is cool (allison hoffman) about it.
May I ask what you used for the coloring in the ears?
The coloring inside the ears is blush!
Hi Amy,
I too have the pattern and I am stuck on the 2nd finger!!! I skipped the 6 stitches after sc in the first 3 sts, and it appears to me this is going to leave a gap where I am skipping the 6 stitches? Can you help me with this? Your help is appreciated!
Thank you!
Susan
Post a Comment