Wednesday

[cooking] Yule Log Cake

We went to a holiday party this past weekend and I baked a bundt cake to bring:

Lazy person’s Yule Log. 🎄 Gingerbread cake baked in a log bunt pan. #baking #nordicware #bundtcake #gingerbreadcake #yulelog

It's the Nordic Ware Yule Log pan. I used this recipe, increasing all the ingredients by 50%. I've made this recipe in this pan before and the batter didn't fill in the pan completely. This was the perfect amount for this pan. 

No frosting or glaze- I just made some vanilla bean whipped cream to serve with it.

I should embroider the yule log on a bundt bag during the Christmas break.

###

Had a car appointment this morning; worked on the advent socks more.

Back at the mechanic; more advent sock progress. 🎄🎄 #knitting #sockknitting #adventsocks

This limited color palette is presenting an extra challenge to working on these socks.

The only other thing on my to-knit list is a little Santa hat for Baby Yoda.

No comments: