And pumpkin:
I've been a long-time metal pie pan devotee but the last quiche I baked in one had an underdone bottom crust. A couple months ago, I made a rectangular quiche in a ceramic Emile Henri dish that I got on sale and the crust was exceptional. For this holiday, I went out and bought two ruffled ceramic pie dishes and the crusts this year were amazing. Flaky layers on the bottom of the pumpkin pie, which has never happened for me before. There was no sticking to the dish with either pie. And the ruffled edge was was perfect for nice, thicc crusts.
I baked a couple different types of rolls. Pumpkin-shaped pumpkin rolls:
These were good but a little... dense. I might add more yeast next time and not score them so close to the middle, so they hopefully stay more round and rise better.
I tried Parker House rolls for the first time:
The shapes are a little uneven but they tasted very buttery and good.
We spent the weekend eating leftovers. I turned leftover turkey into turkey salad. Added a decent amount of leftover pureed squash to a bucket of no knead dough (for crusty bread and pizza). Still trying to come up with an idea for the leftover potatoes and stuffing...






No comments:
Post a Comment