Tuesday

[knitting] Cthulhu Mittens

Finished a pair of mittens to match the Cthulhu Hat I knit a few weeks ago.

Cthulhu Mittens

The chart is free on Ravelry and called Cthulhu Mittens. I simplified the pattern to knit it up a bit faster. My cuff is just k2p2 rib and the palm is basic alternating stranded knitting apart from the thumb.

Cthulhu Mittens

Cthulhu Mittens

I used the same yarn as the hat (Cascade Longwood Sport) and knit with US 4 needles. These are very generous man-sized mittens.

Cthulhu Mittens

I will probably duplicate stitch some red over the eyes eventually.

###

The Starfall sweater is done. Except for blocking. I received a ball of discontinued Main Line yarn in Cocoa and I finished the sweater. I really love it.

I have a couple large, hibernating projects: the Sophie's World afghan (which is so large and cumbersome, it's kind of an ordeal to work on) and the Lost in Time crocheted shawl (this could probably be finished in a weekend). I'm not really feeling motivated to finish them, though. 

Instead, I started a dishtowel last night with some leftover Lion Brand Re-up cotton. And I also cast on for some Advent Socks today using misc leftover sock yarn. I'm not explicitly making any Christmas gifts right now and I don't know if I should be. Should I be? 

I'm trying to wrap up a quilting project. I went to a local fabric shop over the weekend and bought fabric for sashing around blocks. Once this quilt is done, I will have no quilting projects in the works. So I can finally start a Star Wars quilt for Dollar.

No comments: