Thursday

[knitting] Socktoberfest progress

With Socktoberfest more than half over, I thought I should post any progress I've made on my goals...

1. Knit Picks Gloss in Cocoa --> Whitby
Done

2. Kool-Aid dye Knit Picks Bare Superwash/Nylon/Donegal
Haven't done this yet but it's no my fault! I need Orange but the grocery store hasn't re-stocked that flavor in months. I swear I look every time I'm there.

3. Knit Picks Essential Tweed in Plum --> Widdershins
I decided on a pattern and I started these yesterday. I've completed the toe and am plodding along on the foot.

4. Regia Silk in Burgundy --> ?
I'm so not going to get to this yarn this month.

5. Sock blockers? Make some out of wire hangers?
I did make a couple to go with #1 but they didn't come out looking the same. My new plan is to go to the Hartford Middle School, to the shop class, and ask them to cut me a pair. All I'll have to do is draw the silhouette on a piece of plywood, right?

6. Stockings
I don't know if this is going to happen.

7. Learn short row heels
Not there yet.

8. Learn toe-up socks
Yes. It's terribly awkward to start but the result (for me) was a nicely rounded toe. I used this method.

So my to-do list for the rest of the week is: dye the yarn, finish the plum socks, visit the middle school shop class.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

hey amy - i have some orange kool-aid i'd be willing to part with. let me know if you'd like it...

-valerie