Monday

[movies] MI3

I went to see Mission: Impossible III yesterday. It was awesome! I went mostly because J.J. Abrams was directing and I love, love, love LOST. I heard that because Abrams is from tv, he knows how to keep the pace up throughout the story and give the viewers multiple blocks of exciting mini-resolutions (instead of one huge disappointing pay-out at the end).

There were lots of characters, but they were only around for a short while and history was shown through flashbacks. Keri Russell did a great job. So did Billy Crudup and Laurence Fishburne. 90% of girls under the age of 18 are obsessed with Jonathan Rhys Meyers but I'd never seen him in anything before. Both he and Maggie Q did exceptional jobs as unemotional, get-the-job-done IMF agents. And Philip Seymour Hoffman? Chills. Chills, I tell you. I had had a dream with him in it about a week ago (he wanted me to help him build glass stairs, then proceeded to get a little handsy). I think I'm going to have nightmares now. Ving Rhames is always good.

And Tom Cruise, it goes without saying, is always perfection. Say what you want about couch jumping and snacking on placenta, he always gives 125%.

This movie has ZERO bathroom allowance. Make sure you empty your bladder beforehand because if you get up to go, you're going to miss something spectacular.

1 comment:

Daniel Franklin Gomez said...

Agreed. This is by far the best of the MI series. Loved it. JJ Abrams is top class. :-)