My first one-pot meal in the IP:

Followed this recipe. Easy to bring together and a nice hot meal to have while watching a game of football on Sunday. Good way to use up an entire plastic container of power greens (mix of baby spinach, kale, beet greens, etc).
Last night I tried some 5-5-5 eggs. Mine were more like 5-5-5-30 min sitting around inside the IP because I got distracted by an episode of Jeopardy. The eggs were incredibly easy to peel but the yolks had gone a bit green around the outside. The egg salad tastes fine but next time I'll get them out and into an ice bath right away.
But this brings me to Sauna Eggs. Kind of a fad Korean food at the moment, they're slow-cooked (7 hours or so) hard-boiled eggs commonly sold at bath houses. They get pretty dark and taste toasty (from what I've read). They're gaining in popularity because with the IP, you can have them in 90 minutes rather than 7 hours. This is definitely on my To Do list.
No comments:
Post a Comment