Monday

[cooking] 7 Layer Bean Dip

Saw a timely recipe on Simply Recipes for the weekend: 7 Layer Bean Dip. There is also a link within the recipe to make your own homemade refried beans using the Instant Pot, which I did (very easy). Assembled everything on Sunday for the 1pm Patriots game:

7 layer dip

So good.

7 layer dip

SO good. If you omitted the cheese and used a light sour cream, it wouldn't be a particularly unhealthy thing to graze on.

The Patriots won so I guess I'll have to make this again next Sunday to keep the winning streak going... 

###

Went to my grandmother's "90 & Fabulous" birthday party on Saturday. Got to see so many relatives I haven't seen in ages. 

Started a few little knitting projects to work on during the football games- a little pink drawstring pouch, more fingerless mitts (while the pattern is fresh in my mind after making so many pairs during the holidays). And I started a needle-felting project from a kit I bought at the Vermont Sheep and Wool Festival last fall.

Didn't do as much cooking over the weekend as I wanted. I made a pot of bacon-leek-potato soup but I didn't get around to any orange recipes. Gotta make some marmalade this week!

No comments: