Thursday

[knitting] Purple Wimple

Purple Wimple


Pattern: Wavy Feathers Wimple

Yarn: Jojoland Melody, one ball

Needles: US 6 (4 mm)

Notes: I made one of these before Christmas and gave it to my sister. I liked it so much that I had to make one for me. The pattern is good, error-free and intuitive. Mine has one wave less than my sister's. I remembered that I very nearly ran out of yarn making hers.

I'm trying to think of a good name for it. I've been saying, "It's a purple wimple- it's a pimple. Wait-" I'm not sure I want to call it that.

Should I make another in gray? A gray wavy feathers wimple... Then I would call it Gravy Feathers. I do like that.

5 comments:

Joansie said...

It's gorgeous! You have me thinking as I have some of that yarn!!

amy said...

You should! It's a fast project. I blocked this cowl around a box that a 12-pack of Polar Seltzer comes in (not the loooong fridge cases that most 12-pack sodas comes in- this is a 3 can by 4 can shape). Blocking really helps open up the wavy lines.

Shelby said...

I lurrrrrve this pattern. I think I have some of this same yarn, too. In fact, I haven't seen that yarn since I bought it around Christmas time. Hmmmm.

Sara said...

That is really pretty...I have some of that yarn - I might make one for myself!!!

gayle said...

Very pretty! And I love your names... 8)