Tuesday

[travel] Give a hoot about kiv-ee-oot

I walked from my hotel up to visit Oomingmak, a musk ox producers' co-operative, in downtown Anchorage last night. I bought the book Arctic Lace before my trip and I recommend it to learn nearly everything about qiviut (kiv-ee-oot), musk ox fiber, and the co-operative.

It was an interesting/informative visit to the shop. Everyone was super friendly and helpful but I couldn't afford to buy any of the headbands, hats or scarves (we're talking hundreds of dollars). I did buy raffle tickets to win a qiviut blanket (worth something like $10,000 dollars).

Oomingmak


Oomingmak


Oomingmak


Oomingmak


On the wall there were cute little animals made out of their own fiber:

Oomingmak


Oomingmak


Oomingmak

1 comment:

Shelby said...

I am in love with that camel...he's so cute!!