Tuesday

[knitting] Pictures!

I finished the stole! It's, like, 8 feet long and wicked cozy.



The good news is that I've already gotten a compliment on it. It's like I told my sister: I don't knit things for the self-satisfaction, oh no, I do it for the compliments. The only downside to the stole is that it's not the easiest thing to wear. You really have to commit to it. I don't- Do you know what I'm talking about? It's not everyday you see someone running around in something like that so when you wear it, you have to... you have to pretend everyone wears stoles and you're not being completely weird by wearing this long, furry, pink thing.

Here's progress on the Henry Sweater (which I never ended up wearing to the Henry show because when I tried the thing on after attaching one sleeve, I realized how misshapen it was). Now it's just sitting around, unloved and unfinished...

     

You can see in the last photo that this sweater is made to fit someone with the same physique as Strong Mad. I have some ideas about what I can do to fix it but it's too depressing to contemplate right now.

I've been trying to block a scarf that I knit this past winter...

   

I ran out of safety pins before I could get all those egg-crate-y looking peaks pinned down. It's the wrong-side of the Fir Cones pattern and I wanted it to be FLAT, not... egg-crate-y. So I'm going to see how this blocking this works out.

And, here it is, my NEW work in progress...



A shrug from this pattern in Interweave Knits Spring issue. A little late to get started, I know, considering that their Summer issue is out now (or about to come out). The picture makes the yarn look kind of blueberry in color, but actually it's quite purple. And 100% wool. So... this is going to be meant for COOL summer evenings. I wouldn't be able to wear it out during the day without suffering from heat stroke. The pattern is complicated and I have to concentrate hard to avoid mistakes (I've had to backtrack a couple times... [sad face]). The knitting it going sloooooow...

2 comments:

Beth said...

Stitch markers are your friend on the shrug.

amy said...

I think that's a good idea... I've been messing up row five EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to knit it.