Wednesday

[books] Book Sense Books of the Year

The winners of the 2005 Book Sense Book of the Year Awards have been announced. I like this award because Book Sense is all about what independant bookstores are selling- and it's always good, interesting reads.

The winner for Adult Fiction is Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. I've wanted to read this since it came out but have been waiting for paperback. Alas, the paperback won't be out until September 5th.

I'm not too sure about the Children's Fiction winner, though: Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett. Sounded a little too much like you-know-what, only for kids. Don't get me wrong, I liked you-know-what but it has become so ubiquitous that I don't ever want to hear/see you-know-what's title again. ... Unfortunately there's a movie coming out and Ron Howard has grossly miscast the lead role...

No comments: