Thursday

[knitting] Inis Beag

Teleworking at home has been a struggle because of the pace. While VPN network speed was increased it still naturally takes longer to connect to server and move data around. To alleviate my impatience and frustration, I've been keeping a knitting project by the computer. A cabled hat that I would work on twenty seconds here, a minute there. After more than a month, it's done:


The pattern is Inis Beag on Ravelry and it's free. It's meant to be a child's hat but it's 104 stitches with worsted weight yarn so... it's definitely comfortable and not tight on my big, adult head.

I've cast on for another- to continue to have a telework project but also, now that I've run through the pattern once, I can modify a few things. I'm not sure why the pattern begins in the middle of a moss stitch panel. And I think the purl borders around the 4-stitch cables is too much.

No comments: