In an effort to use up frozen berries picked last year, I make a blueberry swirl pound cake:

The recipe is this blackberry swirl pound cake from Everyday Food. I've done this in the past with wild black raspberries and it's so good. I made my usual blueberry compote that I mix into yogurt (frozen blueberries simmered down with maple syrup and cinnamon) and used that in three layers in this cake. It feels weird to make a cake in a loaf pan, rather than one of my bundt pans, but it's kind of a small recipe.
###
I walked around the woods yesterday looking for more ramps, fiddleheads and maybe even morels. I found none and flicked five ticks off my jeans over the course of the outing. I'm going to just stick with the mowed yard and flowerbeds.
I have several knitting projects going now- a hat, socks and fingerless mitts. I'm pretty much only mask sewing on weekends. I'm dropping my sewing machine off to be serviced tomorrow. It's near a local garden nursery, so I made an appt to look around and do some shopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment