Monday

[gardening] Starting a victory garden

I'm trying a vegetable garden again this year. It's been a few years since I've used the garden (I'm better at growing zero effort perennial flowers). My uncle dropped off a load of horse manure and rototilled it all in. I'm raking up beds and pulling out the weeds, roots and sod clumps.

Garden

I've planted a couple types of grapes, several strawberry plants and some asparagus. All perennial (I hope). I have some seeds to start and I'll add some tomato plants. 

Garden

I also have some weed fabric to put down on the walkways and some finer fencing to put down along the bottom of the perimeter fence. One of the problems I had with this garden was that something would get in and eat stuff. I blame the woodchucks- I never saw any deer prints in the dirt.

###

The three day weekend was great- better weather than I thought. It's like mother nature flipped a switch- snow, cold, snow, cold, snow, cold, okay summer. Dollar mowed the lawn for the first time. It's getting very close to hammock-lounging time. 

Sewed a good amount- lots of medium sized face masks. Just have to pin a bunch of small masks and sew. Did some knitting. A little baking. But mostly gardening.

No comments: