Wednesday

[knitting] Baroness Beret

I knit a quick lace beret for myself over the holidays...

Baroness Beret


Pattern: Baroness Beret (rav)

Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted, most of 1 skein

Needles: US 5, US 7

Mods: I did one extra repeat of the lace pattern for extra slouch. After blocking it around a large dinner plate, the fabric smoothed out but it might be a little too slouchy now. I'd be willing to make this again, with a matching cowl (like the Foliage set).

I would recommend changing the “knit 2 together through the back loop” to “ssk” for a more symmetrical look. Not a big deal here with this slightly fuzzy yarn, but if you use a highly plied, round yarn that shows crisp stitch definition, the “knit 2 together through the back loops” will turn out kind of crooked looking.

Baroness Beret - underside

1 comment:

Emma D. said...

Do you happen to still have this pattern in your computer? The designer has long gone MIA from Ravelry as well as her blog... And with her, access to the free pattern has also disappeared :( I'd be grateful if you could send it to me if you have it. Thanks!