Thursday

[knitting] Aran Cap

Aran Cap


Pattern: Candide Aran Cap and Mittens. This is an ooooooold leaflet. I think I bought the pattern at Northern Nights Yarn Shop.

Yarn: Patons Aran. This is an ooooooold yarn. Discontinued. I think it was given to me by my grandmother.

Needles: US 6, US 8

Mods: The pattern is written for knitting the hat flat, and then sewing it closed. I think the pattern must have been written before circular needles were invented? Hah. Or maybe before they were readily available. I knit it in the round.

This hat will kick around until it's gifted away next Christmas. I'm tempted to do the matching mittens but I'm not sure the person this hat is for wears mittens.

1 comment:

Diane Warren said...

How do I get this pattern? I have been looking for a pattern like this for months.