Tuesday

[gym] Hurts so bad

I have not been working out. I've been going to the gym for almost two months but I haven't been "working out". I hired a personal trainer and we had our first session yesterday. THAT was working out.

My trainer is a petite brunette whom I tower over. She's barely five feet tall and I'm six feet in my sneakers. We had already met a few times to do my body composition, take measurements, and plan a routine. All the while I thought she was a cute little thing one might want to carry around in their pocket. Now I know her as someone to be feared. Her reaction to seeing me crying as I lifted weights above my head? "Great. Two more."

I could barely drive after our session; I rested my wrists on the steering wheel as I tried to take the straightest route home. I could swing my arms an inch or two up but wouldn't be able to make any 90 degree turns. At home, I waited for Dollar and then stumbled into his arms as soon as he came through the door. I tried hugging him with my shoulders (I had to explain why my arms weren't working) and asked if he had any moral objections to roughing up tiny women. He said "Yes". What a pansy. I'd do it myself but I'm a pacifist and besides that, I'm totally scared of her.

The upside to the gym time is that I have more energy. I'm able to get up at 6:30 in the morning without (too much) trouble. This past Saturday I was awake and at the gym at 8:15 for a morning aqua fitness class. The cardio isn't too boring so long as my iPod is charged and ready to play me my workout music. I'm drinking a gallon of water every day so my skin looks a lot better. And I may be having more of the "pep". Monday at work a co-worker asked me, "How's it going?" For one insane moment, I had the urge to blurt, "Super! It's Monday! Yeah! Let's get to working! Isn't it great?! Yeah!"

Blah, the only downside is that it's more time out of my day. When am I going to knit? Do the dishes? Cook supper? Wash and dry the sheets and duvet cover? Sort and organize the mail? Clean my car? Put away my laundry? Clean the shower? Tidy my craft room? I'm freaking out! I'm freaking out! At least it's Thanksgiving week and I'll have a long weekend to get a lot of stuff done. Speaking of stuff, Mmmmm, stuffing...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I had my first session with a trainer at my gym yesterday so I'm really feeling your pain! Your right I feel like I have more energy!

Shelby said...

the hurting part might suck, but you'll be thankful you did it when you don't drop dead at 60 like some of us are going to...

...which reminds me...*looks around for her long-lost sneakers*

;)