Friday

[amy] The fun never stops...

I went down to Boston (again!) on Wednesday night to see The Crystal Method. Thanks to Sully, Pat, Nigel and Rob for an awesome time. Of course, these guys are used to staying up past 10 p.m. but I was having a hard time of it. Around THREE A.M., we're back at Pat's talking and chilling. Talking and chilling. Chilling and talking. The only thing I'm thinking is: "Sleep. Sleep would be nice. I wonder if I can be awake but sleep at the same time? Sleeeeeep..." Plus, to top it off, I hadn't eaten anything since lunch, had been awake for roughly 21 hours and I knew that no matter what time I finally passed out at, I'd still be waking up at 6:30 a.m. I can't help that. So all these things compounded into me abruptly saying, "Okay, I'm going to sleep right here, right now and you all have to go." What I really wanted to say was, "Do you guys want to die? Because if I don't go to sleep right now, I'm going to kill all of you."

So I ended up sleeping in until 7 a.m. Jeesh, I must have been really tired. I drove back home, couldn't get to sleep, read and cat-napped until 1 p.m. and went to the grocery store to get some supplies for a book club meeting I was having last night. We ended up choosing Drop City by T.C. Boyle. I've been plodding along through Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. It has been really funny and wonderful read.

But getting back to the concert... It was AWESOME! Totally blew my mind. Axis is a pretty small venue but there was plenty of room to dance. They didn't come on until 10 p.m. but they played music until 12:20 a.m. They did all kinds of new remixes and some of the stuff from Community Service II and a couple songs ("Get Busy Child" and "Trip Like I Do") from Vegas at the end of the night. The thing that I thought was wierd was that the two guys were never mixing the music together. It was Scott Kirkland up, spinning/mixing; then he'd switch with Ken Jordan. Then Scott. Then Ken. Like, tag-team. And I had a funny conversation with a fellow concert-goer while we were outside, taking a break:

ME: Hey, man. Crystal Method is AWESOME! Right?!

GUY: YEAH! They ROCK!

ME: I came down from Ver-MONT for this show.

GUY: That's AWESOME! I'm from Massachusetts.

ME: I know, I can hear your accent.

GUY: Oh.

ME: ...

GUY: But the show's AWESOME!

ME: COMPLETELY! I have all their albums! Vegas, Tweekend, Community Service One-

GUY: [nodding enthusiastically]

AMY: -Legion of BOOM and now Community Service Two! I love music like this!

GUY: What do you listen to?

AMY: Oh, you know- Chemical Brothers, I came down here a while ago to see Air, I like Death in Vegas and Groove Armada-

GUY: I love Groove Armadar.

AMY: Groove Armadar? I didn't realize there was an "r" at the end.

GUY: ... It's my accent.

AMY: I know, I'm just fucking with you.

GUY: HAHAHAHA! I love the newest one, though! The second Community Service!

AMY: You don't think it's too...

GUY: Rock?

AMY: No, like dancey.

GUY: I thought the first one was dancey and this one is more rock.

AMY: WHAT? No, the FIRST Community Service was more rock-inspired and the newest one is more dancey.

GUY: See, I thought that the first was more dancey and this one is more ROCK.

AMY: [staring at GUY]

GUY: [staring at AMY]

AMY: No, see... the first album was-

GUY: Dance music.

AMY: P.O.D.'s on the fucking album, dude. It's rock.

GUY: I think completely the opposite of you.

AMY: That's interesting...

GUY: What are we even DOING out here? Let's go back in a DANCE!

AMY: OKAY!!

3 comments:

121774 said...

Nice blog you have here! If you get a chance you may want to visit this penis enlargement reviews site, it's a very nice site.

Couch Potato said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

Smallman said...

Excellent blog.