Wednesday

[music] Mike Doughty's Haughty Melodic

I made a post about James Kochalka Superstar's upcoming album release over at The uvScene.

I also found out about "Mike Doughty's first full-band album since since Soul Coughing disbanded in 1998". It's called Haughty Melodic and I have to tell you, after listening to a few snippets, I can safely say that I am going to buy this album and I am going to love it. I listen to a lot of electronica but Soul Coughing was always one of the few bands I'd buy for the music, lyrics and lead singer's voice. Doughty's lyrics always sounded like poetry to me and I like the lazy way he sings. ... His voice isn't half bad either. And speaking of poetry, he did release a book a couple years ago entitled Slanky.

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

I love Mike Doughty! I didn't realize he had an album, so now I have to buy it! Thanks for the heads up!