Tuesday

[misc] Heat Wave

We had a spell of super hot and muggy days. Penny was like this most of the time:

It’s #caturday and no one wants to get up.

I took the inflated raft to the pond:

🚣‍♀️

###

The veg garden is coming along- I've picked a couple small tomatoes. I think I can grab a couple little eggplants soon. The hot peppers are coming along. I need to thin the carrots. The cucumbers, squash and pumpkins are flowering. 

I think it might be chanterelle foraging time in the next week or so.

###

We had a couple people up for dinner Saturday evening. I made:

Bone-in pork roast. This is an easy, cheap, impressive roast- you just have to watch the internal temp.
Roasted potatoes 
Sauteed spinach
Big Batch Quick Dinner Rolls. I did 24 rolls on a half sheet pan. This was crazy fast and easy- I'm pretty sure this will be my go-to rolls for a large group from now on.
Garlic scape butter
Peach-blueberry crumble tart and vanilla ice cream

Sunday was spent doing all the dishes. Sigh. 

###

Tour de Fleece started June 28. It's pretty much the only time of year I spin yarn and I've slowly made my way though 12 oz so far. I still have plying to do... and I think I'll do 8 oz more. All the fiber I grabbed from the stash is rainbow-y this year.

###

Lavender outside should be ready to harvest soon. Then annual lemon-lavender cookies! And lavender sachets.

###

I crocheted a couple small doilies- need to take pics. I'm going to get back to sewing face masks and wind some yarn for a little knit shawlette.

No comments: