Slice and stack the slices on their side in a ceramic dish.
I put a smear pizza sauce down in the dish first (chunky canned tomatoes mixed with some of Penzey's pizza seasoning). Then the veg (no particular order but I did get a little fussy about not have two slices of the same thing together), then top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
After baking at 350 F for 50 min:
I liked this, Dollar not so much. I even served it with rustic toast (everything is better with crunchy carbs) and put little forkfuls of the veg and sauce on the toast (essentially making bites of pizza on the fly)- but I think he just doesn't like a few of these particular vegetables.
I had some leftovers the next morning for breakfast- with an over easy egg on top. Get that yolk running over everything and then eat with toast.
This could be a very pretty (and simple) side dish with just zucchini and yellow squash.
This could be a very pretty (and simple) side dish with just zucchini and yellow squash.




No comments:
Post a Comment