The yarn is regular old Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton. Size H hook. The pattern is 0-1444 Baking Party by Drops- it's free on Ravelry. I've never done tapestry crochet before but it looks like an easy way to do colorwork.
And it was easy!
I tried brighter colors for the next one:
It's a clever pattern- the color changed are designed in such a way that is lines up well with where the increases occur. That's kind of what made the pattern so addicting for me.
A few days later...
I was a little tired of the pattern at this point. I think it was originally written to be a double-thick hot pad. With the Sugar 'n Cream yarn, these ended up rather large (about 12 inches in diameter), so I kept it as a single trivet to use under dutch ovens on a storage cart. With some DK-weight yarn, a smaller hook, a tighter gauge and double-thick- a trio of these be a wonderful gift.





No comments:
Post a Comment