I picked my color palette for the Fantastitch shawl:

Left pink is cashmere, the rest of the skeins are alpaca. The fuzzy ones are kid mohair and silk. The bottom right ball is baby camel that I'm not going to end up using (It's three strands wound together and I was going to separate them but it would be way too much work.)
All luxury yarns. I've had all those alpaca skeins in my stash for more than a decade. I bought them from the A Touch of Twist booth at a past Vermont Sheep and Wool Festival and they still had the price tag on them- $7 per skein. That's an ancient price.
I've made it through several sections of the pattern- the early sections are short and it's a little addicting mixing up all the colors.
###
Good weekend, if a little cold and surprisingly snowy. We took a day trip down to Brattleboro on Saturday and tried to have lunch at Whetstone Station. It was ridiculously busy so we tried The Marina. I loved it there- plenty of parking, tables open for lunch, good food and drinks.
Sunday I did the grocery shopping and worked on the shawl. Low key chill day. We rented Doctor Sleep and I really, really liked it. There were a couple gruesome parts but I loved the story and the filming was really great.
2 comments:
the shawl will be great, but tell me, what is to be done with it? where do one wear a shawl like this?
If it comes out really nice, I'll save it to enter into the fair this fall. Shawls are fun to wear to knitting groups or fiber festivals- people may recognize the pattern and like to see it in person. But I wear all my shawls around the house in the winter time. The house is cold but I still like to wear light shirts; snuggling into a shawl is so nice and cosy.
Post a Comment