Tuesday

[quilting] Crazy quilt

Last week I brought my small finished quilt top to Barnyard Quilting in Fairlee. I wanted it finished in time to enter it in the fair and it was done in only a couple days. They're the best.

Crazy quilt

It's very small, maybe only to be used as a blanket when my niece is in her car seat. I picked out a geometric quilt pattern to bind everything together:

Crazy quilt

I really like this design with the crazy squares. 

Crazy quilt

The backing fabric is pretty crazy, too:

Crazy quilt

I love it. It's good motivation to finished the two (large) size quilts that I'm still puttering away on.

###

Had a nice, long weekend. The weather was nice Sat and Sun. I went to watch Dollar play on the Lebanon green on Saturday afternoon, for a fundraiser. 

Did a lot of knitting- some on the shawl (the rows are getting so long- I only just started the 2nd ball of colorful yarn) but mostly a child's sweater in bulky yarn. All four pieces are done- I just have to sit down and seam everything. The shawl is taking forever, I wanted to work on something that could be completed quickly.

We've been watching the Netflix series The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. O. M. G. This is def not a kid's series. Last night after seeing a very young creature with a mind control parasite on it's face, wheeze out a raspy "It... feels... like... dyyyyiiinnnggggg", I asked Dollar, "Can you imagine seeing this series when you were 6-years-old? You'd be f'd up for the rest of your life." I've been loving this series, though- it's funny and gross and scary and surprising and fantastic. And sooooooooooo many talented voice actors. It's pretty awesome.

No comments: