Thursday

[knitting] Worsted-weight socks

Once I finished making stuff for the fair- there was a moment of "Well, what do I do now? I can make anything I want!" Unable to decide, I started socks. It's ways worsted weight socks when I don't know what to make. I have the pattern memorized and they're fast, reliable gifts for Dollar.

I only need to cast-on 48 stitches and they're worked on US 7 needles. I used a couple balls of Berroco Ultra Wool (with a decent amount of each ball leftover):

Worsted weight socks

The yarn is great- superwash worsted and it comes in MANY colors. It felt great to work with and I encountered no knots. There are also a variety of weights. I'm glad I bought a couple more balls in another color.

###

I went on a quick walk up to Kent's Ledge yesterday:

Kent's Ledge

It was a nice day and I was getting antsy about missing peak foliage pictures. We're still not at peak but what a difference a couple weeks makes. Everything was totally green just a short while ago.

There were an insane amount of mushrooms along the trial. I found a nice spot of (what I think are) honey mushrooms:

Lots of mushrooms!

Then I came home and made mac and cheese. I used the last of a couple blocks of cheese: Cabot 5-year-old cheddar, Shelburn Farms 2-year-old cheddar. It's not as laborious as I make it out to be in my head. I also baked a dozen apple-chai muffins for the band. My pile of apples is dwindling and I need to go picking again.

Should be a nice weekend. I think it's time to harvest some wild grapes. 

I'm getting so close to finishing the Latvian mitts- just the thumbs left to knit, then blocking. Going to wrap up the Lovecraft hat (will knit a lining for it but I want to block the stranded body first to see if I should duplicate stitch red eyes onto Cthulhu).

I also want to get back to embroidering Bundt bags. I have more patterns to trace onto bags... 

No comments: