Thursday

[knitting] Eye of the Tiger

The Winter Olympics start tomorrow and I've been busy training for the Knitting Olympics. I was going to take an action shot of me in a striped terry cloth headband and wrist-warmers, in a track suit, tirelessly winding yarn from skeins into balls... But really, it was just a couple hours of me casually turning the knob on my ball winder while sipping wine and watching Flight of the Conchords. Yeah, that's my kind of training.

I have three things I want to do: a cabled bag, a stranded pair of mittens, a sweater for Murderface. I also want to frog a pink sweater. Ideally, I'd also like to be able to spin 8 oz of wool, knit a hat, a pair of slippers, a baby sweater, finish my handspun shawl... Yeah. I think that's it. That's all I want to do. In two weeks. BUT we're not meant to set ourselves up for disappointment, so my "official" goal is just the first three things.

I've been cooking and freezing dinners so that I can just reheat them on week nights during the Olympics. I'm skipping boardgaming on Wednesday nights. I do have a few upcoming obligations (a dinner with Dollar's family, a show at the HOP, a hair appointment... oh yeah, and work) that's going to cut into my knitting time but what am I going to do. The occasional shower and event outside of the house will probably do me good. At least I'm starting with a three-day weekend to make up for the wasted time, I mean, lovely time doing Valentine's Day dinner and stuff.

And the Chinese New Year starts on Valentine's Day- it's the year of the tiger. Eye of the Tiger!

3 comments:

Joansie said...

Goog luck with those projects. I was hoping to see another Vermonter participating. I put something on my blog also. I'll be watching for your finished projects.

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

Wow, a Triathalon. I'm doing the Selbu Slalom. Good luck and Knit on!

gayle said...

I'll cheer from the sidelines. I've got too much on my plate to participate. (And I'm awful when I join things - I joined Summer of Socks last year, and I haven't knit a sock since...)
Good luck!
Too bad you didn't schedule a vacation to coincide with the Olympics, eh?