Wednesday

[spinning] Wildside

I've got a skein of bulky, navajo-plied corriedale in a crazy-bright colorway:

Wildside


Hot pink... lime green... nuclear orange... sky blue...

The original fiber looked like:

Sereknity Wildside


Fiber by Sereknity, colorway = Wildside.

The original plan was to try fractal spinning but it wasn't working out. Instead, I spun dk-ish singles and navajo (chain) plied.

Wildside


Probably not the best choice because the color lengths are so short and the joins are fairly obvious. Click on the above picture to see the notes I added in Flicr.

But, I am interested to see what this yarn will look like when knit. It would make an interesting hat. For a clown.

2 comments:

gayle said...

I think it will make a very cheery hat - color for winter, when we're all desperate for something to look at that isn't white (or gray!)

Shelby said...

I like it! It reminds me of pretty much every piece of clothing I owned in the 90's...:D