Thursday

[knitting] Selbu Modern

Here's the June hat selection for the White River Yarns Hat Club:

Selbu Modern


Pattern: Selbu Modern (rav)

Needles: US 1 (ribbing), US 4 (body)

Yarn: Knit Picks Palette, light gray, light blue, less than 1 ball of each.

Notes: I didn't go about this pattern the right way. The light blue and light gray looked different enough when I held them next to one another, but worked up... You can see there's not enough contrast. And I did this hat in 2 days. Talk about binge knitting. The pattern is clear and easy and fun and I just couldn't stop. I ended up stressing out one of my forearms and I don't even like the finished hat all that much. I think I'll do the pattern again, but I'll take my time. The one nice thing about the hat is that I only used $2 worth of yarn (Palette is so cheap!).

2 comments:

Sara said...

When you first said you didn't like the colors - I thought to myself that they must really bad -

But, I kind of like them...

Palette is one of my favorite yarns...

gayle said...

Your hat club seems like such fun - there's been a great selection of hats, month by month.
For this one, you can always say you were going for a *subtle* effect...