Tuesday

[knitting] Knitting Souvenirs

I brought back lots of yarn from my trips. In Alaska, I went to Knitting Grounds. I loved the owner and her shop. I'll definitely visit the shop again when I'm sent back up that way.

I didn't get much in the way of yarn, just one skein from a commercial brand I've never seen before:

From Alaska
I think this would make a nice tam for my mom.


And a large skein of local handspun. As I browsed, I came back to this skein of yarn over and over. I couldn't stop touching it. The color is a little dark in this picture, but it's a great heathery purple:

From Alaska


I knew for sure that I would get a spinning wheel when I returned home so I picked up some local roving:

From Alaska


From Alaska


From Alaska


In Korea, I got two balls of mohair. It's a little scratchy but I love the color and I think the yardage is going to be off the chain. Any ideas what to do with a bunch of not-so-soft mohair?

Yarn from Korea


Two balls of Australian wool that reminded me of Reynolds Odyssey (but a little finer):

Yarn from Korea


Two balls of an unknown Japanese Wool that reminded me of Noro (but a little finer):

Yarn from Korea


And six balls of a shiny, subtlety multi-colored yarn of unknown material. As to what I'm going to knit with it, the idea of chevrons immediately came to mind, to showcase zig-zaggy lines of color. We'll see...

Yarn from Korea

No comments: