Monday

[knitting] First item knit with handspun

If you recall the pink handspun:

Second handspun


Most of it now looks like:

Handspun Hat


Squee. I mean it, really... SQUEE. You can't wring out any more pleasure from knitting than knitting with yarn that you've spun yourself. Look at this dumb ol' hat... Made SPECTACULAR (to me) by unique handspun.

This spinning obsession is my new crack. A knitting friend and I went on a field trip up to the Northeast Fiber Arts Center in Williston, VT this past Saturday and I bought a bag of Louet Northern Lights in the Picasso colorway. I had half of it spun up that very night. I got up early the next morning and finished the rest of it.

I realized that I'm starting to accumulate handspun yarn but I wasn't knitting anything with it. Which is why I made the above pink hat. I'm not spinning enough for larger items like scarves or sweaters (yet), so I'm trying to find patterns for smaller items like hats, cowls, mittens, etc.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

I've been a lurker on your blog for some time and never left a message (I don't think so, anyway). Didn't realize till today's blog that we are "neighbors". I took spinning classes at Northeast Fiber Arts.

Great job on the hat (and spinning).
Joansie

amy said...

Thank you. I love the the NEFAC- they have a great selection of yarn and nice samples. I want to go back up and buy bags and bags of fiber to spin but... I mustn't.